Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Seek the Lord Day 3

Resurrection Lutheran Church commits to pray daily for the welfare of the congregation. Jeremiah 29:13: “When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart.”

[caption id="attachment_90" align="aligncenter" width="540"]Brilliant Sunshine during Youth Group Gathering Brilliant Sunshine during Youth Group Gathering[/caption]

Lord God,

I humbly come to you with both questions and hopes, thankful for your promise to hear, to answer, and to bless. Fill me with your light, your life, your love -- let light, life, and love flow through me, in my daily walk, in my discerning, and in my worship. When I worry, remind me that you are greater. Greater than my concerns and fears, greater than our community's challenges, greater than our hopes, and greater than all we can imagine.

Remind me too that during times of waiting, you are working in my heart. You are refining me. Shape my thoughts and my conversations to make me more like you. You have called us into community together; help me respond to my brothers and sisters, your beloved, with Christ like grace.

As the psalmist writes, Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be with me as I hope in you. For that, make me ever grateful. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment