Thursday, November 28, 2013

Seek the Lord Day 5

Resurrection Lutheran Church commits to pray daily for the welfare of the congregation.  Jeremiah 29:13: "When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart."

[caption id="attachment_99" align="alignleft" width="230"]Summer Stretch Fun Summer Stretch Fun[/caption]

Thanksgiving dinner is over, Christmas lies ahead. There are so many plans to make and tasks to complete during this Season of great joy and friendship.  Our church is experiencing a time in which we are looking to the future; trying to make plans, make decisions, all while we experience the joy of Christ's birth with our church family and friends.

As we look to the Lord, to each other and the Bible for guidance, I remember the words of Matthew 6:8 which reads in part... "for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." I find it helpful to remember that God is all-knowing and he knows I need his help. With that in mind, during this important time, I pray for patience over anxiety, peace over a conflict, and an open heart, so that I may not only lean on the Lord for guidance, but also listen.  For He knows my heart and He will guide me.

Thank you, Lord, for your promise to strengthen and guide your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment